SVP Calgary acts as a catalyst, connecting passionate philanthropists and non-profits who together achieve unparalleled social impact.
PARTNERS & DONORS
Our partners and donors come from all walks of life, from young professionals and executives, to stay at home parents or retirees. As much as they are different, they all share a passion for our community and the desire to make it better. They know that together they can achieve a much higher impact.
How It Works
Become a partner
invest with time & money
Partner roles are very flexible. There are several projects where donors can donate their time and work shoulder to shoulder with non-profits and each other to achieve unprecedented results.
- Strengthen local non-profits by volunteering their unique professional skills
- Shape SVP by participating on our internal teams
Become a Donor
invest with money
For those who want to invest in their community, but may not be able to invest in time, they can become SVP donors.
There is no minimum to become an SVP donor. Donations are pooled to fund the local non-profits SVP supports as well as our programming and operations.
These contributions are stretched further by our partners who volunteer their time and skills to strengthen our Investees, SVP, and the social sector at large.
Donate now. Our payments methods are as follows:
- Direct deposit through Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online credit card donation through CanadaHelps.
- Stock Transfer – Please contact us at email@example.com
- Corporate Sponsorship, matching, or payroll deduction program – Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and to initiate.
We assist non-profits in two ways:
What We Bring to the Table
- General Operating Support: (typically $10,000-$25,000/year for 3-5 years). We know you’re best positioned to decide where the grant money should be invested. Our funds are unrestricted.
- Tools to assess your organizational capacity: aka the strength of all those behind the scenes systems: human resources, financial management, communications, board governance, etc.
- Skilled volunteers who help build your organization’s capacity in the areas that are keeping you from reaching your full potential.
- A commitment to working in partnership: our focus is to help your organization go to the next level. We work in collaboration with non-profits, where we each bring our own expertise and skills and together, we can achieve much higher results.
What You Bring to the Table
- A willingness to take a hard look at what’s holding your organization back. We can’t solve or improve until we identify what needs to be solved and improved. Once we know what we need to focus on, we can get to work – together.
- Flexibility and openness to working with volunteers who have busy schedules and varied professional backgrounds.
- A commitment to be open about what is and what it not working for you. Honesty and clarity is how we’ll achieve best results. If something is not working well, we need to identify it and adjust until it does.
- An annual work plan and progress report that outlines the capacity building areas you are focused on, how they relate to your mission, and what you have achieved at the end of each year.
Apply for a Grant
If your organization works in Increasing Resilience in Youth (ages 12-15), through improved access and participation in high quality programming outside of school hours, we want to hear from you. Our application period begins in the spring of each year, but we are always happy to answer questions and discuss future partnerships. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Essential to any organization’s success is their ability to communicate their value and impact in a compelling way. Fast Pitch is where you can learn how to effectively communicate about your organization and put that learning to the test.
It is a two month guided learning experience with practical elements for local, non-profit organizations. Non-profit leaders are assigned coaches who train them on how to succinctly and powerfully “tell their story.”
The program culminates in a “Fast Pitch” competition – where finalists share their stories in front of a live audience of 400 and local judges. Since the program began in 2012, we have given away more than $220,000 to local non-profits.